Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Purging. Aka: Cleaning out the closets

Today I was cleaning out the office closet in order to empty out a tote or two for the craft show this weekend. After running around work in warp speed all day thanks to a large cup of coffee, I came home and continued the pace while I still could. Despite having ALL kinds of stuff to do for the upcoming show, the closet seemed in dire need of attention... My family's giant yard sale is at the end of the month, so I figured I would do a little sorting while all the totes were pulled out.


These are some of the things I found:
  • My bike helmet
  • A spool of  fishing line (which rocks because I need some for a new project)
  • 100ft of internet cable
  • An extension cord
  • Sewing patterns for skirts and tank tops
  • Supplies for the Jewelry/metals class I took my freshman year of college
  • My flute
  • A copy of Stars and Stripes Forever for my flute/piccolo
  • My handmade sketchbook from 2003-04 (aka high school)
  • IMAG0614
  • Art from high school including these gems:

"Drawing is just bending and shaping lines.
Being an artist is just knowing 
how to bend them and where to put them"

    IMAG0618
    IMAG0617
    IMAG0619

    IMAG0615
    IMAG0611
    IMAG0613
    I can honestly say, I remember drawing each of these- where the inspiration came from, who was around when I drew, what was going on in my life to prompt each, etc. These are all from various points in high school. I can't wait to see what is hidden in my Mom's attic...

    No comments:

    Post a Comment