Wednesday, April 27, 2011
June 18, 2011
Find us (Live. Dream. Create. & Baby Sprout Boutique) at Canal Day Arts Festival & Rubber Ducky Derby!
Cascade Locks Park Association
"Join CLPA in celebrating its heritage along the Ohio & Erie Canal. Local artists will display and sell their artwork, there will be food, music and the rubber ducks will race at 1pm! Event will take place at the Schumacher Cascade Mills Site, located at the corner of North Howard and North Street."
Monday, April 25, 2011
Alright, alright, I am sure everyone is so tired of hearing about Oddmall and that it is my first craft show, blah... blah... blah...
BUT, I am just going to say it again-
May 7, 2011 I will be at the Oddmall craft show in Hudson, Ohio
and I am very excited! :)
As I was browsing the internet this evening, I came across this quote that I fell in love with- it just describes a lot of stuff I have been doing lately in trying to get everything top notch for the craft show. I know going out there to do a craft show isn't comparable to, I don't know, having your art displayed in a famous gallery or having something sell for a million dollars, but still... Everyday I wake up and try to do or create something better then the day before. This weekend was no different!
- I've redone my sushi items- they are now way better then before. Aka, far closer to "realistic" in appearance and overall are much more pleasing. Those will be taking the place of the old sushi items and playsets on my Etsy and Artfire pages. I will soon be working on creating new types of sushi to add to the collection.
- More watermelon slices, carrots, apples, and oranges will be completed in the near future. (My fingers needed a rest this evening.)
- I am working with a friend of mine to create new business cards and advertising items that will be much more eye catching and fun! I can't wait to release them!
- I am attempting to do a giveaway of one of my baby chick plushies. Find out more info: http://ilivedreamcreate.blogspot.com/2011/04/giveaway-win-this.html (So far, no entries!) Winner will be drawn on May 17th, 2011. Get up to 5 entries!
- My friend at Baby Sprouts Boutique and I are working on applications for other venues during the summer and fall months. Check out her adorable toddler items at: http://www.facebook.com/BabySproutBoutique!
Monday, April 18, 2011
Sunday, April 17, 2011
Testing new waters...Artfire, I opened a shop on Artfire.com LiveDreamCreate2. Since then, I have upgraded to "Pro", added all the items also listed in my Etsy shop, and checked out some (but not all) of the features Artfire has to offer.
- Artfire "pro" has a lot of really neat features that Etsy does not have.
- I was able to import all of my Etsy items fairly easily without having to reload each picture, description and tag from scratch. I still had to enter categories and eventually fine tune everything, but instead of taking me an hour to do 4 items, I now have 55+ items in my shop in the same amount of time.
- I can alter and change the color of the header and text on my page to fit a lot better with my shop and banner.
- I can add free shipping, buy one/get one, on sale, free gift, and coupons to items and it will mark each item with a label to make them easier to spot.
- I can have coupons, free shipping, gift certificates, etc.
- Like Etsy, I can set up shipping profiles to make it easier when listing items.
- I can add up to 10 images per listing
- Item descriptions can be far more detailed, including inspiration, time invested, materials, tags, categories, shipping notes, promotions, etc.
- I can list an item quantity up to 999.
- I don't pay artfire to list each individual item, adjust quantities, or a percentage when an item sells.
- My items are available to more people, with potential to bring in more sales (I've decided I just can't give up my Etsy account.)
- Artfire offers almost all of the things we love about Etsy.
- Far less views then Etsy. Items on Etsy that have 200+ views barely have 20 on Artfire. But remember, they haven't been listed on Artfire for nearly as long though.
- No sales as of yet from Artfire. I am just starting to promote BOTH of my shops, so hopefully this changes.
- There is so much to do, see and try on Artfire, I am still figuring stuff out! This isn't really a bad thing, because I keep learning new stuff, but I end up spending more time on the computer than I intend sometimes. ;)
All in all, I am going to try the Pro version of Artfire for a couple months, just to see if things pick up. If I don't make any sales, I can't afford to keep paying the $10 a month to keep it. I will then downgrade back to basic. I will keep both my Artfire and my Etsy shop open though! :)
Want to win this adorable yellow chick? Find out how!
Up to 5 ways to enter:First Entry:
- Subscribe to and follow my blog: http://ilivedreamcreate.blogspot.com/ (If you are already a subscriber, just drop by and leave a comment saying you would like to participate.)
- Visit my facebook page at http://www.facebook.com/pages/LiveDreamCreate/173556846005338. "Like" my page. Leave a comment under the designated post. (+1 entry)
- Heart my Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Kklaus (+1 entry)
- Add my Artfire shop to your favorites: http://www.artfire.com/users/LiveDreamCreate2 (+1 entry)
- Share a link to my Etsy or Artfire shop with friends (+1 entry)
- Be sure to come back to this page and leave a separate comment/link for each entry you complete!
Winner will be drawn at random on May 17, 2011.
Winner will be announced and contacted at this time.
Giveaway open to those in the USA.
Giveaway open to those in the USA.
Wednesday, April 6, 2011
5 small handsewn baby chicks in white, yellow, green, blue and pink to brighten up anyone's day!
Great for Easter baskets!
Measures approximately 4 inches tall and 3 inches wide. Wing span of approximately 5.5 inches.
Eco-felt and polyester filling are made from recycled products and are products of the USA.
Tuesday, April 5, 2011
I have been busy, busy, busy! The piles of projects to start are becoming in-progress piles, and in-progress piles are becoming finished piles! Baby chicks, lambs, piggies, octopuses, sushi, take-out boxes for sushi... more gets done each day. Oddmall is a month away and I have loads to do, so my online time is minimal right now. You can keep up to date at kklaus.etsy.com. As i finish projects, I have been loading new listings.