Thursday, February 3, 2011

I love my sketchbook!

Nothing makes me happier than the sight and smell a new box of crayons, or the smell of a new pack of construction paper... or opening up a brand new sketchbook for the first time!
Micheal's had a buy one get one free deal on Strathmore 400 series sketch books- my all time favorite because I like the way the paper feels and handles everything from pencil to pen to sharpies! I always get the green recycled ones too!

I love my sketchbooks and I find the 5.5 by 8.5 inch size perfect for taking along with me wherever I go. I sketch, draw, write, doodle, list, check, glue, staple, cut, tear, fold and mark down anything from inspiration, to random thoughts, to new ideas I can't wait to try! (Occasionally you can find my grocery list and weekly budgets scrawled on the backs of pages!) My sketchbooks are where I am able to get what is out of my brain out and recorded before I lose or forget whatever it is I am thinking. I always find it fun to flip through a sketchbook and see how my thoughts and ideas evolved over time. This week I flipped through my most recent sketchbook to find a TON of things I had forgotten about! The best part is, I am not at a place in time where I can bring those thoughts and ideas to life, and they are even better than when I first thought of them!

I <3 my sketchbooks! I couldn't live without them!

No comments:

Post a Comment