Saturday, January 7, 2012

Hello 2012!

2011 was a great year for Live.Dream.Create. thanks to all of our friends and fans! Thank you everyone! I went to many great events and shows, branched out the shop online and in the local community, expanded the items in the shop, made many great custom orders and had TONS of fun!

One of my favorite custom items this Christmas season is this giant 3 ft penguin! (I had a lot of fun playing elf!)



2012 is here and I am looking forward to a whole new year! Some of the things in store for Live.Dream.Create. in 2012:


  • This weekend (1/8/12) Live.Dream.Create. is wrapping up at the Double Feature Gallery in Cleveland, OH.
    A big thank you to everyone at Double Feature for including us!


  • I have been reorganizing and regrouping after the busy holiday season. The Etsy and Artfire shops have both been on vacation while I do so. They should both be back open soon. I've been rewriting listings and descriptions and hope to fix up some of the photos as well.
  • One of my goals is to reorganize my supplies and materials. Part of this is separating my sequins by color and size to make my life easier. It's a little OCD. I know. But I am going from a box full of sequins like this:


To THIS:

And finally, to THIS:
Not only will the cat no longer knock them all over, but I can arrange them in rainbow order!

  • I have a whole bunch of new ideas and things to try out this year. It is a rather long list since I can't sew fast enough to keep up!
    • Over Christmas I made Hedwig plushies for my brothers and sister as gifts. She should be making an appearance in the shop soon!

    • After the giant penguin, I am itching to make something HUGE! I'm not sure just what it will be yet- maybe a giant cake slice or octopus...
    • More goodies will be coming to the felt food collection!
    • I also have a long list of new animal friends to add to family.
    • I really want to do a project with dinosaurs! For some reason January and February feels like the perfect time of the year for dinosaurs... :)
  • I will begin looking into shows and events for the upcoming spring/summer season and will post them as soon as I can.

There is so much to look forward to this year! Here is to a happy, healthful and prosperous 2012!

1 comment:

  1. I'm impressed with all your organizing! I love an organized work space.

    ReplyDelete